Monday, November 5, 2007

Quotes from Gilbert

So i am reading Gilbert Arenas' blog and well, it's hilarious. here are some snippets:

On his preseason game: "Truthfully, I'm playing like terrible trash right now. I don't want to make an excuse, but the rims are broken in every arena I'm playing in. "

On wearing a leg-sock: "I'm wearing it on my leg for compression. It's not like the one A.I. has on his arm because A.I. wears that for fashion"

On getting a DNP because of his toe: "After a shower...I never wanted to touch the floor because once you touch the floor your feet are dirty again. So in the shower I used to put my socks on already without drying them off"

On teammate DeShawn Stevensons new tattoo: "He has that big "STEVENSON" on his back. I've seen a lot of players that are getting their names on their backs. I guess it's a way of them letting people know what their names are when they're on the beach -- I don't know"

About Kobe getting traded to the east: "Personally, I really don’t mean to be selfish about the whole trade thing, but personally I hope Kobe stays on the West because if he comes here, that takes away from me and All-Star appearances."

And there's a great story about what athletes do in their free time. seriously, they get paid and this is what they do. i love how Gilbert references his 'surveillance system' as if everyone has one. anyway, scroll down on his blog to an entry titled "Adventures of Chuck and Larry"

No comments: