Thursday, October 18, 2007

A New Day is Upon Us!

For those who have known me for the last few years will know me as a formidable Madden opponent, aka, none of my friends can beat me. I take pride in this. I love playing Madden, and i've been successful on multiple platforms including Playstation 2, XBox, and Gamecube.


For the last few years i've gotten the new season of Madden the day it came out, celebrating the Maddenoliday by myself, by nonetheless celebrating.


This year is different however, with the addition of my wonderful daughter Addie, i've yet to get Madden '08. Not only that, i've failed to introduce John Madden to Addie and i haven't been playing, well, at all really.


A few weeks back my homie Alan invited me over to see if he could take advantage of me in my weakest time, but he failed as i demolished him, on NCAA '06 for that matter (my first time playing)


But that means nothing now. Last night i invited Alan to my house for some more Madden, on my turf, with my profiles, my controllers, my music....and i was destroyed, twice in a row. I didn't even make it to halftime in the second game.


boo


Alan, you have proven yourself my friend, i need help!


1 comment:

Al said...

A few days after the birth of your daughter, when you demolished me at Madden, I swore to myself that I would practice every day for 9 hours, only letting myself sleep for 4 hours a night, studying audibles and playbooks constantly, so that perhaps one day, maybe one day I could get my sweet revenge. Luckily you haven't apparently played since our last meeting, and the rust was apparent. Plus, you so graciously gave me your copy of 07' so I had something to work with. Soon we shall battle once again on 08'. It shall be epic.