Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fallling off the face...

So i have to confess as to why i haven't been updating as often as usual.




I have been following US Men's Soccer and their trip to South America in Copa America




I know I know, most of you could care less about soccer, and especially don't want to read about it, and thats fine. I don't plan on writing too much about it so i won't bore you.




This combined with the lack of NFL stories, NBA offseason and the offseason for European soccer has left me searching for worthy stories. Baseball never cuts it. NBA offseason moves are all hype unless you're stoked about Jason Kapono signing with the Raptors. NFL training camp doesn't start until the end of the month.




So in the meantime, thanks to good soccer friends Noah and Damilola, my pops, and my little brother, i've thrown myself into the soccer world head first, and i'm enjoying it.




As for the Mens Soccer team, they're not that bad, they just won the Gold Cup which is a small tournament with teams from North America, US brought their A team and beat Mexico in the final in a great game.




We brought our B team to South America for a much bigger tournament, Copa America (Argentina, Brazil, Mexico...) and basically have shown up as the worse team in the tournament, and its embarrassing. It'll be over after tonite, thankfully.




Either way, i'm enjoying these games on the splendid Uni-vision with the mute on.


"gol - gol - gol - gol - gol - gol - gol - gol - gol"




so if ya wanna talk soccer, or you have question about US soccer, David Beckham, EPL, Champions League, Colorado Rapids or anything else, hit me up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they actually had the rock-paper-scissors championship on espn yesterday.

i will now eat my hand. .

BMer916 said...

i totally watched some of that. i developed some strategy and i think i could own that tourney, i just need a chance!