Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Thanks Sam Mitchell

You probably thought this was going to be a post about the first Coach of the Year honor to go to the coach of the Toronto Raptors, but no, its not.

Nor is it about race and how this league needs more blacks athletes or that league is the most diverse league blah blah.

nope

I am thankful that the media finally went against the grain and voted a good coach with a super young team as the Coach of the Year, and helped me win $100

Lets just say i like to bet on sports on occasion, not a nightly type bet on games, but more on Futures. So around January i decided to see what Futures were available for the NBA on my betting website of choice, BetUS.com.

The Futures/Props included MVP, Rookie of the Year, COY, and everything else. At the time i had already thought that Mitchell was going to win the award, and to my surprise, he wasn't on the list of COY candidates that included Avery Johnson, Don Nelson, Jeff Van Gundy, George Karl and a few others. But there was another option of Rest of Field, with the best odds. I took it with $10 and BAM, payday.

Now I'm rooting for the Madden Curse, because if VYoung plays less than half of the games this year, i get $200 from my $5 bet.

Break a leg Vince.

No comments: