Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bibby Knows Whats Up!


so one of my favorite players, Mike Bibby, who has been banished to the derrty south, and with a losing record has made the playoffs in the east, has been talking some mean smack about Boston fans.

and rightfully so

I don't care if rajon rondo scored more points than Bibby, or got more assists, Rondo is playing on a stacked team whereas Bibby was moved midseason and has a bunch of scrums (who are being guarded by recently crowned defensive player of the year Garnett) to support him. if Bibby gets better stats than Rondo in any game that an achievement in itself

anyway, back to the smack

here's Bibby calling the Boston fans fair weather:

(sunday's crowd)“kind of loud at the beginning, but a lot of these fans might be bandwagon jumpers. They try to get on this now. Because I played here last year, too. I didn’t see three-fourths of them so it might be that."

“I remember them having bags on their heads,” he said. “Are they the ones that had bags on their heads last year? It’s just a different look, but I guess that happens when you win.”


I love Bibby, and i think he's developed a devil-may-care attitude this year since he was betrayed by Sacramento, where he wanted to retire. I mean he's like a 10-year vet, and he's a place in his career where he's past his prime, but still very very good. now he's on a team that is very young and might not be serious contenders for another 2-3 years.

As for the smack-talk this series, why not? if the Hawks win one game in this series that'll be amazing.

No comments: